Competent Person Practical Inspection and Record Keeping
Ratio of Trainers to Trainees
Competent Person Practical Inspection and Record Keeping - MEM15004B Perform Inspection Introduction
SpanSet Australia’s Inspection and Record Keeping course has been structured to provide:
– The necessary skills to adequately perform in the highly responsible role of competent person inspector
– Techniques to undertake detailed periodic inspection of height safety equipment and synthetic round and flat lifting slings in line with Australian Standards guidelines and manufacturers recommendations
– Knowledge on how to setup and maintain inspection records and equipment registers.
It is highly recommended that candidates have completed a qualification in Work Safely at Height; and/or a detailed knowledge of height safety.
– Legislation and guidance material relating to the periodic inspection of height safety equipment
– Understanding the design, testing, and manufacturing processes for height safety equipment
– Analysis of the types and effects of contaminants and sources of degradation of height safety equipment
– Techniques by which to inspect and determine viability of equipment and when to remove from service
– Understanding of the importance of correct quarantine and disposal procedures.
– Hands-on inspection of a wide range of height safety equipment
– Determining signs of degradation, contamination and flaws in equipment samples
– Deciding on the viability of equipment samples and recording the findings in inspection records/equipment registers.
Assessment of Candidates
All candidates will carry out a multiple choice test covering the key theoretical elements for the adequate inspection and maintenance of inspection records for height safety equipment.
If a candidate gets a total score of less than 100% then the trainer will explore the candidates’ knowledge of the topic. Where the candidate has a good knowledge of the topic the result may be amended.
A practical exam will also be completed where candidates will inspect and determine the viability of a range of height safety equipment samples and record the results in an equipment register.
– Statement of Attainment MEM15004B Perform Inspection
– ID card for all candidates.
RTO ID 91173