Working Safely at Height
Height Safety OperatorAs outlined in AS1891.4
SpanSet’s Working Safely at Height course covers all aspects required to meet this competency level.
Working Safely at Heights - RIIWHS204D
SpanSet Australia’s nationally accredited Work Safely at Heights course has been structured to provide candidates with the necessary practical skills and theoretical understanding to undertake work at height on a broad range of structures and differing environments; as well as working safely in the vicinity of unprotected edges or on steep ground.
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will gain knowledge of:
– Legislation and governance material relating to working at height
– What defines ’work at height’
– Hazard analysis and risk assessment
– Control measures for working at height
– Categories for working at height (work restraint, work positioning, fall arrest)
– Legal requirements for equipment inspection and record keeping
– Compliance, strengths and characteristics of height safety equipment
– Legal necessity for provision for rescue capability.
– Correct inspection, fitting and adjustment of harness (including suspension in harness)
– Participation in SWMS to control risks for working at height
– Selection, setup and rigging of anchor straps and slings
– Pre-use inspection, installation and use of work restraint techniques
– Pre-use inspection and use of single/twin leg fall arrest lanyards
– Pre-use inspection, installation and use of fall arrest blocks/inertia reels.
– Pre-use inspection, installation and use of temporary horizontal safety lines
– Pre-use inspection, installation and use of height safety connectors
– Introduction to rescue using a pre-rigged workplace rescue system.
Where appropriate additional client-specific topics will be covered. Training can be conducted at a purpose built SpanSet training facility in Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne or on your site anywhere in Australasia.
All successful candidates will receive a Statement of Attainment and a personalised ID card as proof of their qualification.
RTO ID 91173